Dry or Watery Eye Clinic
‘Dry’ eye occurs when your tear flow reduces or evaporates too quickly causing the very sensitive front surface of your eye to dry out.
It can have a collection of widely varying symptoms that can be induced by several health and lifestyle factors. The incidence of dry eye increases with age.
At our specialist Dry Eye Clinic we will carefully consider your symptoms and perform simple diagnostic tests to evaluate your tears and tear flow. We can then offer you expert advice on the most effective treatments to alleviate your symptoms and ensure that you leave knowing exactly how to treat your condition. We will give you an individually tailored Care Plan and then invite you to return for follow up appointments to monitor your progress and fine tune your treatment plan.
The Clinic also offers management of common eyelid problems such as Blepharitis, Eyelid cysts and Meibomian Gland Dysfunction, which can also give rise to symptoms of discomfort.
We understand that symptoms can vary from person to person and you may even find you have watery eyes when suffering from this condition. Other typical symptoms can be:
- Sensation of dryness
- Tired eyes or gritty eyes
- Burning, stinging, itching
- Intermittent excessive watering
- Irritation from wind or smoke
- Sensitivity to light
- Contact lens discomfort or reduced wearing times
- Environmental factors and several external influences can increase your risk of dry eyes including the following;
- Prolonged periods of concentrated vision including computer use
- Adverse environmental conditions; wind, pollution, poor air quality
- Medication eg antihistamines, oral contraceptives, diuretics, decongestants, alcohol and anti-depressants
- Contact lens wear
The good news is that dry eyes can be treated.
If you are experiencing problems we are only too happy to help so call us and make an appointment.
Cost Of Appointment:
The Dry eye assessment clinic is a 40-minute appointment and is chargeable at £40
The full Dry eye assessment plus initial Eyecare kit £99.00